Our skin has two layers – the epidermis and dermis. The epidermis is the uppermost layer of skin while the dermis lies right below and provides the supportive structure to the skin. Collagen, present in the dermis, gives skin its elasticity, tautness and smoothness.
Young skin has a layer of padding below the surface that defines its youthfulness. With age this padding gets depleted and the skin sinks in, causing a visible loss of fullness. Creases and folds begin to emerge and get accentuated with time.
The loss of facial volume is a natural aspect of ageing, and usually begins in the thirties.
Dermal Fillers or Soft Tissue Fillers are injectable implants used by dermatologists to restore volume in areas that have sunken in. Typically, these areas would be the cheeks, lips and nasolabial folds (from the base of the nose to the corners of the mouth).
Injected below deep wrinkles or folds, Dermal Fillers work from within to support the skin and fill out out the creases, for a smoother, firmer and more youthful look.
Being a non-invasive procedure, Dermal Fillers are relatively painless, with minimal downtime. They play a vital role in various treatments such as:
Filler procedures call for a fair bit of technique and judgement. They involve injection with a very fine needle below a wrinkle or any other area where the skin has sunken in.
While the quest for fillers has had a long and varied history, today’s dermatologists generally favour Hyaluronic Acid which occurs naturally in most body tissues such as skin and cartilage. When injected beneath the skin, Hyaluronic Acid adheres to the skin and voluminizes it by retaining moisture. Dermatologists often use a chemically tweaked (cross-linked) form of Hyaluronic Acid, an advancement that delivers longer-lasting results.
At Kaya our dermatologists work to redefine your features with carefully curated selections from world renowned filler specialists.
Restylane, whose unique Skinboosters deliver longer-lasting results than the non-stablilized HA that are conventionally used.
From Teosyal® comes a wrinkle filler that is exceptionally attuned to preserving facial expressiveness by meeting the specific requirements of mobile facial areas.
Restylane Perlane gently fills deeper wrinkles and folds, such as the nose-to-mouth lines and frown lines, resulting in a softer facial expression. It is FDA approved to correct smile lines and lift cheekbone areas by restoring lost volume.
Restylane Lip Volume is the perfect product to create a subtle volume enhancement both in the body of the lip as well as in the contours of the lip line.
Juvederm fillers do the heavy lifting. They provide 9 months to one year of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth). They also add rejuvenating volume to hands and feet.
Fillers can enhance and redefine your facial contours, and lift your features to a fair extent. They can rejuvenate your hands and feet. And they can turn back the clock, visually speaking.
The longevity of a filler depends on the specific product used, as well as your body chemistry, because natural fillers will eventually be absorbed. However, results do last for several months and follow-up procedures can help preserve the benefits.
This is a non-invasive procedure, and uses local anesthetic. It could take about an hour or so, depending on the number of areas being injected. There may be mild numbness and redness for a few hours post-treatment, with probable bruising and swelling for up to a week. However, there is no downtime and most activities can be resumed after the procedure.
- Do inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as a proper gap needs to be maintained between treatments.
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
You can look forward to resuming your normal daily activities right after the procedure.
- Stay off Retin-A for 2 days after treatment, in case you’ve been using it
- Control swelling and discomfort if any, by applying a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Avoid massaging the treated area, unless specifically guided on doing so
- Avoid any form of strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment
- Stay out of the sun, and avoid excessive heat for that matter, for 72 hours after treatment
- A low-salt diet will help avoid swelling. For the same reason, avoid alcohol as well.
- It helps to sleep face up and slightly elevated — it minimises swelling
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Restoring volume, reversing visible age
Restoring natural youthfulness
Volite for Skin Rejuvenation
Easing away wrinkles
Inside the Non-Surgical Face Lift
Skin & Hair Rejuvenation from Within
Lip-plumping effect with Honey and apple extracts
Revitalising oxygenation, brightening skin
Successfully Completed Treatments
2021 & Non-surgical body contouring: what’s the connection?
Over the last year, life in lockdown created the perfect mix for weight gain. With some of us gaining up to 15 pounds during self-isolation, ‘Quarantine 15’—has been trending worldwide, and in general people are becoming concerned about their ‘Covid curves’. As the vaccines are rolling out and social distancing guidelines are being eased, a lot of us want to get back to our pre-COVID bodies. Or, even try out new beauty procedures. In fact, the…READ MORE