Over time, the face changes in many ways, losing volume as it does so. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors play a role as well. You may notice a change in the appearance of your skin, typically in the form of deepening parentheses lines and wrinkles. But what may be less obvious is age-related midface volume loss. The signs of volume loss set in gradually. Cheeks may flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. Lips begin to thin and develop vertical lines.
JUVÉDERM® is the leading collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the US. Each product in the range adds volume to a different area of the face to lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long-lasting.
JUVÉDERM® for smoothing out parentheses lines and wrinkles
Parentheses lines are static lines that appear when your face is at rest. This happens over time as your skin loses some of the building blocks (hyaluronic acid and collagen) that give the skin its structure.
JUVÉDERM® XC is an injectable gel that instantly smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth. Its effectiveness has been proven time and time again, delivering real results that last up to 1 year.
JUVÉDERM VOLIFT™ softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth to produce subtle and long-lasting results for up to 12 months. JUVÉDERM VOLIFT™ is a custom-engineered application of Allergan’s (the makers) of proprietary VYCROSS® technology, which blends different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid, contributing to the gel’s duration.
JUVÉDERM® for lifting and contouring cheeks
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by midface volume loss – a natural loss of volume in the cheek area. The temples and chin undergo similar changes too.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® helps the dermatologist achieve two important results:
- add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area
- balance facial contour by filling out the temples and chin for a more youthful appearance.
It is the only filler proven to last up to 2 years in the targeted area.
JUVÉDERM® for fuller lips
Over time, lips may lose volume and thin. Vertical lines develop as well. However, ageing is not the only reason to seek out lip augmentation. Many individuals may be dissatisfied with naturally thin lips and simply desire more fullness. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds more fullness and plumps thin lips. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is the most recent addition to the collection—tailored to add subtle volume to the lips and smooth the appearance of vertical lip lines.
JUVEDERM TO TREAT THE HOLLOW AROUND THE EYES
As we age, we begin to look tired as we develop hollows around the eyes. Juvederm Volbella and Volift can be used to support the structures around the eyes and reduce the appearance of shadows and tired looking eyes.
Depending on the area and indication, a JUVÉDERM® treatment takes approximately 15-45 minutes. The HA (hyaluronic acid) integrates with the skin tissue and optimal results are seen in a month’s time.
Some people may experience mild discomfort during treatment. Many JUVÉDERM® products contain an integrated local anaesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience.
The most common side effects are temporary injection site responses at the treatment site such as swelling, tenderness, bruising, firmness lumps/bumps, redness, pain, discoloration, and itching. Most of these side effects resolve within a week.
- Do inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as a proper gap needs to be maintained between treatments.
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
You can look forward to resuming your normal daily activities right after the procedure.
- Stay off Retin-A for 2 days after treatment, in case you’ve been using it
- Control swelling and discomfort if any, by applying a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Avoid massaging the treated area, unless specifically guided on doing so
- Avoid any form of strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment
- Stay out of the sun, and avoid excessive heat for that matter, for 72 hours after treatment
- A low-salt diet will help avoid swelling. For the same reason, avoid alcohol as well.
- It helps to sleep face up and slightly elevated — it minimizes swelling
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Six Reasons Why Your Workout may be Causing You Skin Issues
Have you ever wondered why your skin breaks out after enduring a rigorous gym-session, instead of glowing like it’s supposed to? That is because sweat and skin don’t go well together. Though exercise helps your body remove toxins by pushing impurities out of pores, it can also lead to chafing, rashes and clogging of pores. Here are some of the common reasons that can affect your skin before, during and after a workout. Towel: Gym towels are…READ MORE