As we age, our skin loses fat, collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, which offer facial volume and support. The bony structure and the muscles also lose volume. Over time, we start to see formation of lines, wrinkles and folds, as well as loss of volume, showing the visible signs of ageing.
Hyaluronic acid is one of nature’s most versatile and fascinating substances. Found throughout the human body as well as in most other living organisms, it performs many functions, from giving the skin elasticity to lubricating joints. Hyaluronic acid can bind large amounts of water and this important property underlies the unique characteristics of Restylane products.
Restylane dermal filler gels resemble your body’s own hyaluronic acid, and are specifically designed to work within the different layers of the skin to replace or restore facial volume and improve the quality and integrity of your skin. Dermal fillers are non-permanent, putting you in control of the way you look.
Restylane can help revitalise and enhance your facial features through a variety of treatment outcomes:
- Smoothing away wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose
- Volumising the lips
- Softening and reducing facial lines across the forehead and around the eyes
- Defining and restoring volume to the cheeks
- Shaping and contouring to remove visible signs of aging
Technology that makes natural results last longer
Made in Sweden, Restylane products are based on hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin and produced with the patented NASHA™ technology. (The term stands for Non-Animal Stabilised Hyaluronic Acid) This technology creates a firmer gel texture for a more pronounced lifting capacity and targeted integration of the product into skin.
In its natural form within the body, hyaluronic acid lasts just a few days. Stabilization with NASHA technology essentially creates long-lasting results with superior tissue biocompatibility. It is what makes Restylane a safe beauty product that is well accepted by the body, with enduring aesthetic results.
A Restylane for every purpose
Each zone of the face has its own unique requirements and challenges, which is why Restylane offers a range of specialised purpose-designed formulations.
Restylane Perlane for treatment of deeper lines, wrinkles and folds
Restylane Perlane gently fills deeper wrinkles and folds, such as the nose-to-mouth lines and frown lines, resulting in a softer facial expression.
Restylane SubQ for volume and facial contouring
Restylane SubQ emphasises the contours of the face, giving the chin or cheeks more definition while maintaining or creating volume. The volume-creating properties of Restylane SubQ can help achieve a face lift effect.
Restylane Lip Volume for adding subtle volume to the lips
Restylane Lip Volume is the perfect product to create a subtle volume enhancement both in the body of the lip as well as in the contours of the lip line.
Depending on the area and indication, a Restylane treatment takes approximately 15-45 minutes. A touch-up treatment is sometimes performed approximately two weeks after the initial treatment to optimise the results.
Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. Many Restylane products contain an integrated local anaesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience, and Restylane also comes with special needles for easy skin penetration.
- Do inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as a proper gap needs to be maintained between treatments.
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
You can look forward to resuming your normal daily activities right after the procedure.
- Stay off Retin-A for 2 days after treatment, in case you’ve been using it
- Control swelling and discomfort if any, by applying a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Avoid massaging the treated area, unless specifically guided on doing so
- Avoid any form of strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment
- Stay out of the sun, and avoid excessive heat for that matter, for 72 hours after treatment
- A low-salt diet will help avoid swelling. For the same reason, avoid alcohol as well.
- It helps to sleep face up and slightly elevated — it minimizes swelling
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Six Reasons Why Your Workout may be Causing You Skin Issues
Have you ever wondered why your skin breaks out after enduring a rigorous gym-session, instead of glowing like it’s supposed to? That is because sweat and skin don’t go well together. Though exercise helps your body remove toxins by pushing impurities out of pores, it can also lead to chafing, rashes and clogging of pores. Here are some of the common reasons that can affect your skin before, during and after a workout. Towel: Gym towels are…READ MORE