Venus VivaTM is a breakthrough non-surgical and minimally invasive skin resurfacing treatment for skin rejuvenation. An FDA-approved treatment, Venus Viva™ enables skin resurfacing with significantly less pain and almost no downtime by leveraging NanoFractional Radio Frequency (RF) with patented tip and SmartScan technology.
Venus VivaTMcan be used to treat both light and dark skin tones for:
- Wrinkles on the face and neck, including deep wrinkles
- Scars (sustained from acne, surgery or injuries)
- Dilated/enlarged pores
- Skin damage from extended exposure to the sun
- Stretch marks
- Uneven skin texture
Venus Viva™ works by leveraging two applicators: the NanoFractional Radio Frequency (RF) applicator for procedures requiring ablation and resurfacing of the skin, and the DiamondPolar™ applicator for non-invasive wrinkle reduction. The result: you gain an almost painless experience with very less downtime.
The NanoFractional RF employs the use of tiny pins that puncture the skin’s surface to safely deliver heat. This results in the creation of tiny micro-dermal wounds. The body, identifying these wounds starts the process of healing—naturally repairing any signs of skin damage and in the process making the surface of the skin smooth. The wounds being so tiny ensure that you don’t feel the pain while still producing incredibly visible results.
The NanoFractional RF applicator in Venus Viva™ further uses a patented tip and SmartScan technology. With up to 700 pulses, Venus Viva™ has one of the largest spot sizes enabling greater consistency, with reduced treatment time and minimal pain. This is further enhanced with the SmartScan technology that ensures customised patterns for more effective treatment.
The DiamondPolar™ applicator leverages Multi-Polar RF and Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields, to produce uniform heat under the skin’s surface leading to the natural increase of collagen and elastin fibres, which works to diminish lines and wrinkles.
During your initial consultation, your dermatologist will discuss your skin concerns and conduct a thorough examination. He/She will also answer any questions you may have about the treatment.
Each Venus Viva™ session lasts for only 15-30 minutes depending on your skin concerns and the targeted area. Although the procedure is relatively pain free, to ensure that you stay comfortable, your dermatologist will apply a topical anaesthetic numbing cream. This will take around 15-20 minutes to take effect. Your dermatologist will then start using the Venus Viva™ applicator to deliver the radiofrequency (RF) bursts to the treatment area. During this process, all you feel is tiny pin pricks on your skin followed by a warm to hot sensation. You may feel slightly uncomfortable and your face may turn red but you will not experience any significant pain. Post completion of the procedure, your dermatologist will direct chilled air on your skin for some time to cool it down.
You can resume your normal activities after 24 hours (or up to 5 days in case of more aggressive treatments). Generally a minimum of 4-6 sessions are performed four weeks apart. You will start to see subtle results after the first session and visible results after the 3-4 sessions. Depending on how your skin responds, your dermatologist may advise you to go in for a touch-up session every six months.
- Make sure you come to the clinic with clean and makeup-free skin.
- Do not use any kind of skin products (lotions, perfumes, powder etc.) on the day of the treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure just before your session.
- In case you have any pre-existing skin or medical conditions and if you have undergone any non-invasive or minimally invasive skin treatments make sure you communicate this to your dermatologist during your initial appointment.
- Avoid any tanning treatments before the session.
- Remove all jewellery, including piercings, around the area being treated.
- Shave any excessive hair on the treatment area beforehand.
- Avoid any irritating products, make up and even tap water, for 24 hrs
- In case the treated area feels hot, direct cold air from a fan or cooler to manage the heat.
- Avoid exposure to sun for the next two weeks from the day of your treatment. In case it is unavoidable, apply a sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher (preferably one without chemicals).
- Avoid any exfoliation or exfoliatory products for a week as the skin will still be a little raw and sore from the heating.
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking at your skin as it may lead to scarring.
- Avoid hot baths for up to 2 days after you have received the treatment.
- Avoid anything that makes you sweat (such as hot yoga, exercise, etc.) for 48 hours.
- Avoid massages and spa treatments for 48 hours.
- After 24 hours, you may put on makeup and resume your regular skin care routine.
- Follow the general post treatment guidelines provided by your dermatologist.
- Is it true that there is no downtime with Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing treatment?
Yes. All you need is 24 hours to get to your daily routine. However, do prepare for a social downtime of 1-3 days as there may be some amount of redness and swelling. In case you have opted for a more aggressive form of treatment the downtime can last anywhere up to 5 days—still significantly less than the weeks required for other laser skin resurfacing treatments.
- Are the results permanent?
Subtle improvements are noticeable from the very first session with lasting and noticeable results after the final session. Your dermatologist may require you to come back for a touch-up session every six months to maintain the results.
- Is Venus Viva™ safe for darker skin?
Unlike traditional laser treatments, Venus VIVA is safe for all skin types, including darker skin tones.
- Can Venus Viva™ be combined with other skin rejuvenation treatments?
Yes. It is possible to combine Venus VIVA with chemical peels, microdermabrasion treatments as well as injectable fillers. Talk to your dermatologist who will advise you on the best combination therapy plan that can help you achieve your skin goals.
- Are there any reasons why I will not be a candidate for Venus Viva™?
Yes. You will not be an ideal candidate if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a current diagnosis or history of cancer or malignant moles
- You have an impaired immune system or any kind of cardiac disorder
- Your diabetes is not under control
- You have an active prescription for blood thinners
- You have had a surgery in the past six months
- You have a tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
- You have an internal defibrillator, pacemaker, or other active electrical implant in the body
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
50% off on Consultation *T&C apply
“She believed she could, so she did.”
Ladies, take a moment to celebrate ourselves. Did you know that Women’s participation in the labor force has increased significantly in recent years. According to the World Bank, the global labor force participation rate for women increased from 49.6% in 1990 to 55.5% in 2020 Women are also making progress in politics, with more women…READ MORE
Please rotate your device
We do not support landscape mode,
please use the website in the portrait mode for best experience.