Fraxel (Palomar Fractional Resurfacing)
Long after the acne has gone, the scars remain. Acne scars can occur as the skin heals from pimples, whiteheads and blackheads that form when oil, bacteria and dead cells get trapped below the skin’s surface. Acne scars are typically indented marks or raised, red areas that sometimes give the skin a mottled appearance.
The solution lies in resurfacing the skin, for which Palomar fractional resurfacing (Fractional Laser), is an optimal choice of technology. Versatile and adaptable, this innovative skin resurfacing solution delivers a wide spectrum of outcomes, from resurfacing of acne scarred skin to smoothening of fine facial lines and wrinkles.
Of special interest is its remarkable ability to erase acne scars. Here is a non-invasive deep-acting technology which uses light energy to stimulate the dermis while keeping the epidermis unharmed. This helps keep the downtime after the procedure minimal.
The Fractional laser penetrates into the lower dermal layer, while keeping the upper layer, the epidermis, intact. This ingenious approach is designed to cause dermal damage in microscopic columns by delivering light energy into the skin. Fraxel’s focused microbeams create columns of coagulated tissue within the skin. The skin’s natural healing properties then swing into action and form new healthy tissue and collagen to repair the damaged areas. This stimulation of collagen formation rejuvenates and resurfaces the skin.
Speed is of the essence. A Fractional Resurfacing treatment usually lasts between 15 and 45 minutes, depending on the size, location and condition of the treatment area.
Recovery times are minimal and there is practically no downtime. The experience is mostly reported as a “light sunburn” – which is felt but is not painful. A cooling agent used during the procedure counteracts the heating effect. Immediately after the procedure there will be some redness and swelling due to micro damage of the underlying skin tissue.
Your skin will look softer, brighter and more radiant within a week of the procedure. Since the rejuvenation is taking place deep within, skin condition improves progressively, and you will notice a marked improvement over a period of 3-6 months. The number of sessions can be worked out with your dermatologist depending on your age and skin condition.
- For a minimum of 7-10 days prior to the treatment, stop the use of abrasive scrubs, microdermabrasion treatments and waxing.
- For a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the treatment, minimize sun exposure, stop the use of tanning products and discontinue hair removal and chemical peel treatments.
- For a minimum of 3 days prior to the treatment, stop use of retinols, glycolic acid and salicylic acid products.
- For the rest of the day after the treatment, keep your hair off your face
- For 2-3 days after the treatment, since there will be swelling, redness and possibly pinpoint bleeding:
- minimize swelling by applying a cold compress at intervals throughout the day
- on the first night sleep propped up on your pillows
- For a week after the treatment, use only very gentle moisturisers
- For a minimum of 3 months after the treatment, use SPF 30+ sunblock
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
5 beauty tweakments to watch out for in 2021
Dr. Mansi Mukherjee, Head of Medical Services & Innovation at Kaya Skin Clinics Middle East shares top beauty trends that let you show the world What’s your Beautiful. Beauty aesthetics have come a long way and, there is no denying that our appetite for tweakments has grown. As more & more beauty regimes start including tweakments, Kaya leads with the latest, safe and proven technologies and treatments with the purpose of empowering women and men to…READ MORE