Oil glands in the skin produce sebum, an oily liquid, for a variety of tasks – especially to lubricate the skin and help the process of thermoregulation or the management of body temperature. However, sebum production can sometimes turn excessive, and does not clear out of the pores.
As sebum mixes with the debris of dead skin cells and surface dirt particles, the mixture plugs the pores. Bacterial action goes into overdrive and leads to infection which presents itself as acne. In due course, the breakout settles and the acne calms down. However, the damage is done. Acne leaves behind scarred tissue.
Broadly, the solution lies in exfoliation, or taking away the scarred layer of skin to expose the fresh layer of skin lying beneath. This can be either a mechanical process, which involves scrubbing the skin with an abrasive, or a chemical one. Chemical agents when applied to the skin in the form of a peel, cause carefully controlled destruction of the damaged layer to expose new fresh, smooth and even-toned skin tissue. The depth to which the peel permeates depends on the chemical agent used.
Salipeel Plus is a superficial peel. It combines the effectiveness of salicylic acid with that of azelaic acid. Recommended for acne-prone, oily skin, it helps tackle excessive oiliness and the resultant uneven skin tone and open pores. The azelaic acid in this peel effectively reduces the bacteria build-up and inflammation caused by acne. Azelaic and salicylic acids team up to refine skin quality – making skin look smoother, brighter, and more radiant.
This peel combines the efficacy of salicylic acid and azelaic acid.
When there are acne lesions, salicylic acid thins out the skin and causes it to peel off. This also results in unblocking pores where oil and dead skin are trapped, putting a stop to the creation of blemishes. It also peels off the scars from previous acne breakouts.
Azelaic acid enhances the effect of the salicylic acid. It kills the bacteria that block and infect pores. It also treats pimples and soothes the swelling caused by acne.
This peel also contains green tea extract which improves blood circulation, tones the veins and retards cell ageing.
For a few minutes after application of the peel there may be a whitish layer. But this inflammation settles immediately and the treatment has no downtime.
With a recommended 4-8 sessions administered with 15-day intervals, this treatment will balance skin oiliness, heal acne and lighten acne scars.
- If pregnant, please inform the clinic prior to the treatment.
- For a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the treatment, apply a sunblock with SPF50+
- From a week prior to the treatment, avoid exfoliation, hair dyes, facial masks, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- From 2 days prior to the treatment discontinue application of Retinol and hydroquinone
- For 24 hours prior to the treatment, do not wax or shave.
- For 24 hours after the treatment your skin will be hypersensitive to sunlight. So keep away from the sun’s rays and apply sunblock with SPF 30+ if stepping out.
- For 24 hours after the treatment, sweating will cause a stinging sensation. So avoid vigorous exercise.
- Do not pick at the skin as it peels for about a week after the treatment.
- For a week after the treatment, avoid hair dyes, facial mask, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- Moisturize skin regularly.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
The real reason why your legs feel heavy
While it’s fairly common to suffer from swelling of feet while wearing high heels for long periods of time, swelling can also be due to a medical condition called edema. Edema is the result of excessive fluid accumulation within the tissues of the body, which in turn, shows up as an abnormal swelling. The condition can occur in any part of the body but it is most commonly observed in the lower extremities, particularly the legs,…READ MORE