Profound Skin Bio-Revitalisation is an aesthetic medical procedure. It is proven to improve skin characteristics, by injecting compounds into the dermal and sub-dermal layers of the skin to produce revitalisation of skin and production of new collagen to improve fine lines, wrinkles, density, tone, laxity, enlarged pores and dryness that can cause premature ageing.
This technique can be performed on different parts of the body namely:
- Face – including cheeks, eyes, lips and jaw area
Profound Skin Bio-Revitalisation is recommended for those, who have:
- age-related skin changes
- small wrinkles
- expression lines
- lost skin elasticity and suppleness
- dehydrated skin
- pigment spots
- yellow skin, erythema and blotchiness
- damaged skin
- uneven skin tone
- oily skin with enlarged pores
- Skin glow
- Acne scars
By far one of the most popular anti-ageing treatments around, Profound works by creating new elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid—the building blocks that keep your skin smooth and tight. The non-surgical face-lift whittles away years of damage in just a matter of minutes without any downtime.
During the procedure, small doses of pure hyaluronic acid are injected under specific conditions that are optimized to benefit skin cells—helping them produce a larger amount of collagen that gives your skin a youthful radiance.
The procedure takes around 30-60 minutes, depending on the area of treatment, and is usually pain-free. However, if you’re hypersensitive or have other medical conditions, the doctor may apply topical anaesthetic cream for your own comfort. You might experience redness or swelling after the procedure which can last anywhere from a few hours to a day or two.
Prior to treatment, we will have an individualized treatment consultation to determine your goals and to establish the target area for treatment. On the day of your treatment, the doctor will apply a local anaesthetic cream to help you manage any discomfort from the procedure. After the treatment, you can experience:
- Skin ageing process deceleration
- Skin moisturization and hydration
- Wrinkle resurfacing
- Skin elasticity improvement
- Pronounced lift effect
- Reduce Redness and blotchiness of skin
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
The treatment has a 100% response rate for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, as well as a 95% response rate for improving skin sagging, according to Syneron Candela, the manufacturers of Profound. The end result is smoother-looking younger skin with minimal downtime.
Prior to the procedure, there are no specific limitations on medications however it’s recommended to avoid aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs against pain, temperature or inflammation a week before the procedure.
- Following the treatment, some patients may experience reactions such as bruising at the injection site, redness, formation of small nodules and so on which can last anywhere from a few hours to a day or two.
- Avoid applying cosmetic products to the skin in places where the procedure has been performed for a few hours
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, and exposure to UV rays for 3 to 7 days in order to protect your skin while it heals
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided for 2 days after the procedure
- Is the procedure painful?
The procedure is not painful. Some people may feel a mild stinging during the procedure.
- Are there any side effects?
There is some redness, small bumps from the fluid deposited into the skin, and possibly some bruising. The redness and bumps will usually settle by the following day; however, bruising can take up to three days after treatment. Most people can continue with normal work and social activities within 24 hours of treatment.
- What is the treatment protocol?
The procedure can be done in two sessions for young skin, three to four sessions for mature skin, which should be completed every two to three weeks. The cycle should then be repeated after six to nine months, or a single monthly session may be used as a touch-up.
- How much does it cost?
Pricing will depend on the customized plan your doctor draws out for you based on your needs.
- Are there any contraindications?
Yes, there are a few contraindications. It is recommended to not undergo this procedure if you:
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Have autoimmune diseases
- Have any skin disease or any disorder around the area to be treated
- Have inflammatory skin diseases, cancer and arterial hypertension
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
50% off on Consultation *T&C apply
“She believed she could, so she did.”
Ladies, take a moment to celebrate ourselves. Did you know that Women’s participation in the labor force has increased significantly in recent years. According to the World Bank, the global labor force participation rate for women increased from 49.6% in 1990 to 55.5% in 2020 Women are also making progress in politics, with more women…READ MORE
Please rotate your device
We do not support landscape mode,
please use the website in the portrait mode for best experience.