Understanding High Concentration PRP
Every one of us has healing properties running through our blood stream. We have within us the ability to repair, renew and regenerate our cells. HC PRP is a an advanced PRP technology that taps into these resources in higher concentration to help the body heal itself.
Broadly speaking, blood consists of red blood cells, platelets, plasma and a few more elements. PRP treatments use a concentration of activated blood platelets since these platelets contain growth factors which are crucial for cell recruitment, cell multiplication and cell specialisation – all functions that contribute towards giving a biological boost to healing.
PRP HC brings together a powerful concentration of 7 growth factors activated from your blood platelets. In the specific context of hair loss treatment, it works three ways:
1) It recruits new hair to grow,
2) Keeps existing hair growing and
3) Most importantly, stimulates the stem cells around the follicles, rejuvenating them and reviving their ability to support hair growth.
A tiny amount of your blood is drawn and placed in the Eclipse plasma collection system. The blood plasma is then spun around to harness centrifugal forces to separate the red blood cells from the platelets. The red blood cells are then discarded and the plasma, which now has a concentration of platelets of around 3-5 times the normal level, is activated and used for the treatment.
Platelet-rich plasma protein can be used for healing in a wide range of treatments. The activated platelet-rich plasma is injected at the treatment area, following which it sets about releasing growth factors that assist in regeneration
The healing – and follicular activation in the case of hair loss treatment– as a result of the HC PRP, are long term and sustained. Improvements are visible from the first sitting, though multiple sittings may be recommended for better results.
Your scalp has gone through a series of injections, so expect it to remain sore and tender for 2 to 3 days. You may also experience swelling on the scalp as well as the forehead on the second or third day. This is quite normal and subsides within a week.
- Use a cold compression to relieve pain and swelling
- Avoid scrubbing the scalp for at least 4 hours after the treatment
- Remember how the doctor massaged your scalp gently for a few minutes? That was to ensure even distribution of the injected PRP through the entire scalp. Please repeat the massage yourself two or three times a day for about a week following the treatment
- Avoid direct high heat (blow dryer, sun, sauna, steam room, very hot shower, hot yoga, strenuous exercise, etc.) until the morning after the treatment
- Avoid shampooing your scalp for 12 to 18 hours after the treatment. This is to ensure that the drug gets absorbed by the scalp completely. You can shampoo and condition your scalp as usual, the following day. However, do avoid rubbing the scalp vigorously while shampooing
- Do remember to apply that topical antibiotic ointment or other soothing/healing cream if your doctor has recommended one
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Everything you need to know about Retinol
Retinol is in just about every anti-aging skincare product on the shelves today. It is one of the most researched skincare ingredients today and also one of the most highly recommended by dermatologists everywhere. It is often recommended as a “cure-all” power-ingredient. However, it is essential to take some precautions before using retinol. Here is everything you want to know about retinol. What is Retinol? Retinol is a derivative of antioxidant-rich Vitamin A of the retinoid…READ MORE