Exposure to sunlight and pollution spurs on photo ageing. This causes the uppermost layer of skin, the stratum corneum, to start looking dull, wrinkled and unevenly pigmented.
What the skin needs at this point is exfoliation, to slough off this dead layer and expose the fresh one lying below. While exfoliation methods range from simple mechanical techniques to chemical agents of varying degrees of intensity, the latest advancement has comes from a smart application of nanotechnology: the revolutionary Ferulac Peel.
All chemical peels when applied to the skin, cause controlled destruction of the superficial layer to expose new skin tissue. This layer is fresh, smooth and even-toned. However, the exceptionally penetrative Ferulac Peel does something more. Using nanotechnology, this patented antioxidant system delivers multiple benefits – anti ageing, anti photo ageing as well as beneficial results with uneven skin tone.
In an overall sense, it acts as a defence against both internal and external forces of early ageing.
This peel uses a unique system to deliver natural ingredients deep into the skin: it microencapsulates the ingredients into tiny nanosomes. Similar in composition and structure to cell membranes, these nanosomes assimilate completely and effortlessly into the body. Owing to their size, they transport active ingredients to specific layers of skin. Using controlled release, they deliver resurfacing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, clarifying and sebum-regulating properties.
Not only does nanotechnology provide better penetration of ingredients, it also reduces dosages to minimize toxicity.
The Ferulac Peel system is based on a blend of ferulic acid, phloretin, retinoids and fruit acids.
Ferulic acid is an antioxidant which reduces the negative effects of free radicals, repairs DNA damage and enhances the positive of Vitamin C and E. It combats pigmentation and protects the skin from UVA and UVB radiation.
Phloretin, also an antioxidant, reduces the degradation of collagen and elastin, to help sustain the youthful suppleness of skin. It also promotes the penetration of the rest of the ingredients for greater efficacy.
Retinoids help slow down cellular ageing and reduce hyperpigmentation.
Fruit acids enhance the effect of ferulic acid, speed up exfoliation and enhance the combined action of the ingredients.
Results are visible from the first treatment. Skin feels smoother and more firm, while appearing lighter with a more youthful glow. Skin improves in texture and stays better hydrated as the treatment boosts ceramide levels. By stimulating cell replacement, the peel slows down the signs of ageing.
The number of sessions required will be determined by your dermatologist based on your consultation and the need determined.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant
- For a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the treatment, apply a sunblock with SPF30+
- Discontinue Retinol and hydroquinone from 2 days prior to the treatment
- From a week prior to the treatment, avoid exfoliation, hair dyes, facial masks, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- For 24 hours prior to the treatment, do not wax or shave.
- For 24 hours after the treatment your skin will be hypersensitive to sunlight. So keep away from the sun’s rays and apply sunblock with SPF 30+ if stepping out.
- For 24 hours after the treatment, sweating could cause a stinging sensation. So avoid vigorous exercise.
- Do not pick at the skin as it peels for about a week after the treatment.
- For a week after the treatment, avoid hair dyes, facial mask, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- Moisturize skin regularly.
- Make up can be resumed after a day.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
How to get rid of cellulite?
Did you know, according to research done by PubMed Central, Cellulite is thought to affect 80 to 90 percent of women at some point in their lives? Also known as orange-peel skin due to its appearance, cellulite affects women more than men due to the different fat, muscle, and connective tissue distribution. An otherwise harmless condition, what makes Cellulite objectionable is the social and emotional/psychological effects it ensues. Whether being unable to wear the dress of…READ MORE