Amelan is a skin depigmentation treatment that is widely used by dermatologists worldwide. Made from Kojic acid, Phytic acid, Retinol-palmitate and Vitamin C, this medium depth peel renews the surface of the skin to remove surface hyperpigmentation. The outcome is a brighter even-toned look.
Amelan is mostly useful for dealing with hormone-induced hyperpigmentation. Pigmentation, associated with hormonal changes during pregnancy, can also be treated effectively with Amelan. This depigmentation treatment can help reduce or eliminate the appearance of dark spots.
It is also effective against acne scars. Amelan refines pores and clears up sebaceous secretions, making it useful for acne-induced hyperpigmented spots that commonly appear on acne-prone skin.
Melanin, a pigment, is produced by melanocytes in melanosomes by a process known as melanogenesis. Tyrosinase, an enzyme, is required for the process. Amelan blocks the action of Tyrosinase by blocking its oxidation.
When the oxidation of Tyrosine is blocked, it blocks, in turn, the transfer of melanosomes from melanocytes to keratinocytes at the superficial layer of the skin. This prevents the pigment from making its appearance at the dermis and epidermis.
Amelan depigmenting treatment works like a face-peel which is applied on the face and left for about 1-2 hours. It is then washed, and cream is applied twice a day for about three weeks. The home care regime is as important as the service at the clinic and requires commitment from you to ensure that you get the desired results.
Prepare for some skin flaking similar to that experienced after a sunburn. This is perfectly normal. The skin that appears below will be lighter in appearance. Although you could use makeup the day after the treatment, your skin will feel and look slightly raw. However, you can confidently look forward to the outcome: usually, up to 80% reduction in darkness relative to the surrounding area. You can reasonably expect your skin to be clear and even toned within 8 days of using this skin brightener. It will appear luminous, fresh and glowing. Since pigmentation is a chronic problem, maintenance sessions will be required to ensure that it is kept under control.
Summary: Amelan is used to treat melasma and other instances of deep hyperpigmentation
- Do not opt for this peel if allergic to milk, aspirin or onion extract
- Avoid if skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis are present
- Avoid using Retinoids from 5 days prior to the peel
- Avoid opting for this peel if pregnant or lactating
- Avoid laser treatments, waxing or depilatory creams for 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Do not apply anything on the face for the first hour
- After 1 hour apply the recommended skin lubricant and use it every 2 hours to keep the skin moisturized
- For the first 2 days do not wet the face with hot water, splash cold water if any discomfort
- For the first 4 days avoid heat or excessive sweating
- Within a week the peeling process will be done. Avoid applying any makeup till then.
- Avoid laser treatments, waxing or depilatory creams for 2 weeks after the treatment.
- For a minimum of a month, apply SPF50 sunscreen regularly.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
5 beauty tweakments to watch out for in 2021
Dr. Mansi Mukherjee, Head of Medical Services & Innovation at Kaya Skin Clinics Middle East shares top beauty trends that let you show the world What’s your Beautiful. Beauty aesthetics have come a long way and, there is no denying that our appetite for tweakments has grown. As more & more beauty regimes start including tweakments, Kaya leads with the latest, safe and proven technologies and treatments with the purpose of empowering women and men to…READ MORE