More and more men are realizing the benefits of cosmetic procedures these days. Not only do these procedures provide great-looking natural results, but are quick and require little downtime. Here is a list of some popular surgical procedures for men who seek to enhance their looks:
- Blepharoplasty – Cosmetic eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. This procedure usually involves removing excess fat or skin from upper and lower eyelids, thus restoring a refreshed look and giving the eyes a more plump youthful appearance. The procedure usually takes around one hour and is performed with local anaesthesia with sedation. Small incisions are made in and around the natural skin creases and folds of upper and lower eyelids. Once the incisions are in place, excess fat and skin are trimmed away, and fine sutures are used to close the gaps. The recovery from this surgery can take a couple of days.
- Neck Lift Surgery – As the skin around the neck is thinner and more fragile than it is on the face, it tends to be the area where some early signs of ageing are first visible. Even for those who are fortunate enough to have taut, smooth skin on their faces, sagging skin from the neck, wrinkles underneath the chin or alongside the jawline and uneven tone may be giving away their true age. The Neck Lift aims to help correct some of these common signs of ageing in this delicate area by tightening sagging skin that yields noticeable results. There are a number of different procedures available to drastically improve the look of the neck area that can be done separately or in combination for the best results. The procedure usually takes around one hour and is performed under local anaesthesia, depending on individual circumstances. The recovery period can be anywhere between 1-2 weeks.
- Rhinoplasty – Rhinoplasty, also popularly known as Nose Job, Cosmetic Nose Surgery or Nose Enhancement, allows you to easily fix your nose in order to match your overall desired look. Rhinoplasty is considered the most popular plastic surgery procedure and is used extensively for both medical as well as aesthetic reasons. The procedure can be performed in 30-60 minutes. Usually, it is an outpatient process wherein the patient is not kept overnight and can go back home after the procedure. Most people are able to get back to routine work within 2 weeks after surgery, as the obvious swelling and bruising subside by then.
- Abdominoplasty – Abdominoplasty or better known as Tummy Tuck gets rid of excess skin and fat thereby reshaping your abdominal muscles to give you a tight and smooth look. Depending on which type of surgery has been recommended for your abdominoplasty, the surgery will be performed either under general anaesthesia or light sedation. Your surgeon will be able to specify which type of anaesthesia they believe would be best for you based on what procedure you’re undergoing. The majority of Tummy Tuck surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis or, where more intensive procedures are required, the patient should not need to stay in hospital for more than 1-2 nights. You should be fully recovered and back to normal within 4-6 weeks.
- Gynecomastia – The condition of enlarged breasts in men is known as Gynecomastia and can be treated by different methods depending on severity and age. Gynecomastia surgery, also commonly referred to as male breast reduction surgery usually takes around 2-3 hours, although the duration will vary from patient to patient. This procedure is performed under a local or general anaesthetic. Most men return to daily activities within 2 weeks, although strenuous physical activity afterwards can often take up to 6 weeks of recovery time.
- Liposuction – Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that uses a suction technique to remove excess fat and reshape the body. Liposuction specializes in targeting stubborn areas of the body, where fat is difficult to get rid of through diet or exercise such as neck or chin, arms, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, breast, flanks, chest or back. The procedure can also be used to give you that desired 6 pack abs or contoured look with High Definition Liposuction. A liposuction procedure may be performed under local or general anaesthesia. In general, most people can return home on the same day of their procedure. Swelling typically subsides within 3-4 weeks, with the final results from liposuction visible after 6-8 weeks.
Your plastic surgeon will walk you through the different procedures that can help in addressing your specific need. This will include discussing the expected outcome, pros and cons of the surgery, appearance of scars, recovery time, costs and the procedure itself. While plastic surgery helps you achieve your desired look, there will be some post-surgery work to ensure you maintain the results achieved.