Vivace is a Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling skin rejuvenation treatment that uses a combination of radiofrequency and microneedling. This results in the stimulation of collagen and elastin production along with improving the penetration of certain active compounds which aid in skin renewal and collagen synthesis.
A minimally invasive treatment which is very comfortable with minimal downtime, Vivace addresses skin concerns like facial wrinkles and fine lines, acne and surgical scars, large pores, skin laxity , uneven skin tone and texture and also stretch marks—resulting in firmer, tighter, healthier and smoother skin. As an FDA-cleared treatment, Vivace is safe and effective for all skin types.
The effects of Vivace can also be amplified when used in combination with other Kaya treatments like
- How Does Vivace RF Microneedling Work?
- What Can You Look Forward To?
- Pre-Treatment Care
- Post-Treatment Care
The handheld Vivace device delivers radiofrequency energy as heat to the lower dermis layer of skin, via tiny needles. The needles and heat create precise microinjuries that jump-start your body’s cell-regeneration process. This natural healing response stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
Vivace is particularly useful for accelerating the wound healing mechanism through the remodelling of collagen. The micro-needle electrodes of Vivace deliver bi-polar energy directly deep into the dermis without damage in the epidermis, while the minimally invasive RF energy creates fractional electrocoagulation in dermis which facilitates the natural wound healing process. Moreover, the RF inhibits activity of the sebaceous gland leading to improvement of acne and open pores.
Studies show both microneedling and radiofrequency to be effective treatments for stubborn acne scars, making Vivace a good option for people who’ve cleared up their acne but still have scarring.
The Vivace device also comes with a dual RF mode, which enables the control of the depth and energy level of the treatment for customized treatment—wider RF treatment for skin tightening and intensive RF emission for scars and pores. Similarly, the LED installed tip comes with blue and red LED lights which can be used as per the specific requirements of your skin type. The red light LED has anti-inflammatory properties aiding in stimulating collagen production and skin smoothening, while the blue light LED kills bacteria associated with acne.
Before initiating a Vivace treatment, your dermatologist will assess your skin, examine your medical history and see if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. If you have had a prior history of post inflammatory pigmentation, your dermatologist will advise preparing for the procedure with priming agents for two weeks.
On the day of your treatment, the dermatologist will start by applying a topical anaesthetic numbing cream, which takes about 30–45 minutes to become fully effective. Once your skin is numb, the dermatologist will use the Vivace handpiece over your face. Vivace uses a robotic micromotor to gently push the needles into the skin. Once they’re in your skin, the insulated needles emit heat from their tips into the dermis. You’ll probably feel light pressure and an occasional sparkling feeling, but overall, patients who have been treated say they felt very little pain during the treatment, which should last about 30- 45 minutes.
You may experience pinpoint bleeding, scabbing, minor swelling, or redness immediately after your treatment. To aid healing, your dermatologist may apply a soothing sheet mask immediately after treatment, to calm the skin and minimize redness. A healing balm is then applied, which you will need to leave on your skin for six hours. Any side effects that you may experience are temporary and should resolve within a few days. Multiple sessions of the treatment are required for best results.
Your skin will look smoother and brighter within hours of your treatment, but significant results rely on your body’s natural production of collagen, which may take a few weeks. Your skin tone, texture, and overall appearance will continue to improve for up to six weeks with each treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topical medications for 3-5 days before your treatment
- Limit your sun exposure for 3 days before your treatment
- If you have a history of cold sores, we highly recommend a course of antiviral medication pre and post-treatment to reduce the chance of an outbreak
- Take off all makeup and degrease the face with toner before the treatment
- Avoid the treatment while you have active acne blemishes as moving the needles in and out of the skin can spread bacteria around the face and lead to more breakouts
- Avoid the treatment if you are pregnant
- Avoid the treatment if you have skin malignancy, chronic skin condition, metal allergy, metal implants (pacemaker), a heart condition, epilepsy, or varicose veins
- Do not apply anything to the skin for 24 hours after treatment—including make-up, SPF, or skin products of any kind
- Avoid clothing, headbands, hats, or scarves on the treated area and if clothing is to be worn over the treatment area, choose cotton clothing that hasn’t been treated with fabric softeners or dryer sheets
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity; this includes exercise of any kind for 24 hours
- We recommend follow-up treatments every four to six months, to maintain your results
- To prolong the benefits, take good care of your skin and wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
2021 & Non-surgical body contouring: what’s the connection?
Over the last year, life in lockdown created the perfect mix for weight gain. With some of us gaining up to 15 pounds during self-isolation, ‘Quarantine 15’—has been trending worldwide, and in general people are becoming concerned about their ‘Covid curves’. As the vaccines are rolling out and social distancing guidelines are being eased, a lot of us want to get back to our pre-COVID bodies. Or, even try out new beauty procedures. In fact, the…READ MORE