Plexr (Plasma EXeResis), is the latest non- ablative and non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that uses plasma, the fourth state of matter to aesthetically lift drooping eyelids, smoothen periocular wrinkles and treat jowling in areas of the face and neck.
Although Plexr’s popularity comes from being a an effective non invasive blephraroplasty solution, it can also be used to address a wide range of concerns
- Correction of acne scars
- Tattoo removal
- Face and body lifting
- How does Plexr work?
- What to expect?
- Pre-treatment care
- Post-treatment care
- Before & After Pictures
- Customer Reviews
Plexr uses plasma to bio-stimulate the dermis. The microplasma beam when used on the affected tissue results in a selective and focused heat transfer. Plexr uses the spot-by-spot method. The spots are selected in arrangements of triangles, dice or crisscross-shaped, determined by the width of the fold. Plexr is always administered to the edges of the skin pleats and never to the valleys.
Clinical studies prove that Plexr results in formation of type 3 collagen type within one month, enabling you to experience skin rejuvenation from within.
The treatment first starts with consultation with your dermatologist, to determine if you are a suitable candidate for Plexr Plus. Thirty minutes prior to starting the procedure, your dermatologist will apply a numbing cream on the affected area. This minimises any discomfort and enables you to have an almost painless experience. During treatment, you may experience heat in places where the microplasma beam is being focussed. You might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation afterwards. Expect the treated area to be red and warm immediately, and you may also experience tenderness for a few days after.
You can visibly see reduction in creases and skin folds almost immediately. Post-treatment, a brown spot, which is nothing but a carbon crust, is formed at each site of the dot. These spots will take up to two weeks to flake and fall off. It is important to allow the scabs to fall off naturally. If not, scarring or infection may occur. To experience complete healing, it is important to discuss the post-treatment care with your dermatologist and follow all instructions strictly.
- Discontinue any strong creams like those containing retinoids for four days prior to treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure prior to a Plexr Plus treatment.
- Inform your dermatologist if you get any infection or irritation on your skin. This may cause your treatment to be delayed.
- Inform your dermatologist if you are on any strong medications, including immune suppressive drugs and corticosteroids or if you have recently been on chemotherapy or used radiation.
Most scabs fall off within two weeks of each session, mostly earlier. You will need to follow a daily routine, as follows, till all scabs fall.
- Rinse and clean the treated area gently with soap and water twice a day. Use the non-ablative cleanser recommended by your dermatologist.
- Use a soft towel to blot dry. Don’t scrub or use pressure.
- In the case of the treated area being the eyelids, use the prescribed disinfectant drops. Apply using your fingertips and not gauze.
- You can use liquid foundation for coverage, up to three to four times a day. Blot over the spots and do not blend. Use the foundation as recommended by your dermatologist.
- Do not use any other cosmetic product till all scabs fall off.
- Do not apply any creams, including antibiotic or cortisone creams without discussion with your dermatologist.
- Avoid smoking as smoking can cause disruption of blood flow to the treated area.
- Ensure you mandatorily attend all post-procedure review appointments with your dermatologist.
After the scabs have fallen off, you will notice that new skin will have formed in its place. To achieve complete healing, follow your dermatologist’s advice on topical applications. You will also need to use SPF when going outdoors to prevent the treated area from becoming hyper-pigmented or darker.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Six Reasons Why Your Workout may be Causing You Skin Issues
Have you ever wondered why your skin breaks out after enduring a rigorous gym-session, instead of glowing like it’s supposed to? That is because sweat and skin don’t go well together. Though exercise helps your body remove toxins by pushing impurities out of pores, it can also lead to chafing, rashes and clogging of pores. Here are some of the common reasons that can affect your skin before, during and after a workout. Towel: Gym towels are…READ MORE