DNA Repair Therapy is a revolutionary, non-surgical and minimally invasive bio remodeling solution that uses DNA to reverse skin and hair damage of the inner skin cells caused due to age, UV exposure or oxidation. The treatment utilizes the registered proprietary drug PDRN (polydeoxyribonucleotide) to repair your DNA; leading to skin rejuvenation, hair fall reduction as well as skin pigmentation and dark circles reduction.
The DNA works to fix the damaged fibroblast, leading to an increase in
- Collagen and elastin, which corrects superficial wrinkles
- Hyaluronic acid, which increases skin turgidity and hydration
- Growth factors, which increase tissue oxygenation and revitalization of the skin
Kaya DNA Repair Therapy provides solutions for:
• Hair loss
• Skin rejuvenation
• Dark circles reduction
• Pigmentation reduction
PDRN, which is commonly used in regenerative medicine, works in the following ways to bring about:
Skin and Under-Eye Rejuvenation
UV-induced DNA damage causes the fibroblast present in your skin to break down which decreases collagen production leading to skin ageing. DNA Repair Therapy which utilizes PDRN fixes the damaged fibroblast, thereby increasing the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. It further generates nucleotides and nucleosides that can contribute to DNA formation, thus reactivating normal cell proliferation and growth pattern. By stimulating the fibroblasts present in the skin it increases the elasticity to help you get rid of those fine wrinkles. It also increases cell trophism which can efficiently help reduce under-eye bruises. Finally, by suppressing the cellular oxidative stress in skin cells, it works at the DNA level to restore and rejuvenate skin.
Hair Fall Solution
PDRN through the action of extracellular nucleotides and nucleosides has been seen to help in Alopecia Areata (AA), which causes sudden hair loss, by increasing cell proliferation and reducing inflammation. Also, since it is an A2A adenosine receptor, it acts as a tissue activator, leading to restoration of hair counts and thickness of the hair shaft—which has shown benefits for hair loss, and eyebrow and moustache thinning.
PDRN which enhances the mitochondrial density in both murine melanoma cells and in human skin fibroblast cells works to reduce skin pigmentation. It further directly inhibits cellular tyrosinase activity, which enables the significant reduction of the cellular melanin content. PDRN also downregulates the protein expressions of the microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF), which is a key melanogenic gene transcription factor ensuring the reduction of pigmentation.
Before any procedure is undertaken, you will be required to fix a consultation with the dermatologist who will conduct a thorough examination to assess your condition and prescribe a few tests if needed. She/he will explain the procedure and address any concerns that you may have. You can expect the following for:
Skin and Under-Eye Rejuvenation & Pigmentation Reduction
For skin rejuvenation of the face, neck, decolletage, hands and stretch marks, as well as under eye rejuvenation and pigmentation reduction, the specialist will follow the steps stated below:
Step 1: The specialist will exfoliate the area with Aqua lymphatic drainage.
Step 2: A topical anaesthesia will be administered.
Step 3: The specialist will inject the polynucleotides intradermally via a micro droplet technique spaced out by 0.5 to 2cm.
Step 4: To end the procedure, the specialist will apply a Vitamin C mask to the treated area to moisturize the skin.
You will start to see gradual improvement in your skin as soon as you complete the first cycle, with more pronounced improvement after the follow-up sessions. The maintenance sessions will depend based on the area treated and will help you retain the benefits.
Hair fall solution
For hair loss due to various reasons such as hormonal issues, Androgenetic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, post-partum hair thinning, or nutritional deficiency, the dermatologist will first exfoliate your scalp/skin area with Aquajet. They will then administer topical anaesthesia or will spray Xylocaine on the area to be treated. After this, Plinest Fast will be injected into the scalp.
You will start to see regrowth of hair after 3 to 6 months. Regular maintenance sessions are important to ensure that the results are maintained.
- Avoid current medications and supplements including blood thinning agents like vitamin E, vitamin A, cod liver oil, essential fatty acids, multivitamins, Accutane and use of Retin-A products a minimum of 7 days (preferably 14 days) before the treatment to avoid the increased chances of bruising. You can however continue iron and vitamin D.
- Avoid waxing or threading.
- Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure.
- You might experience a certain degree of discomfort, irritation and/or redness, during and after your treatment. Take Acetaminophen-containing products or Tylenol, as directed. To reduce swelling use cold compresses.
- Avoid scratching the treated area, instead, keep it moisturised.
- Avoid heat exposure, going out in the sun and vigorous exercise for at least a day after your treatment.
- Avoid tanning booths, and do not forget to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid hot tubs, hot yoga, saunas, steam rooms, etc., for 3 days after the treatment.
- Are there any contraindications for DNA Repair Therapy?
Yes, there are a few contraindications. You should not undergo these therapies if you:
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have autoimmune diseases
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Have blood clotting disorders or are on blood-thinning medications
- Are hypersensitive or allergic to the product components
- Have any disorder or any skin disease around the area to be treated
- Have had any surgical procedure in the area in the past 3 months
- Is DNA Repair Therapy painful?
Kaya DNA Therapy is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive therapy, so you may expect mild pain. Speak with your dermatologist who will ensure that any pain or discomfort is managed with local anaesthesia or numbing creams.
- Can Kaya DNA Repair Therapy be combined with other treatments?
Yes. Depending on your skin’s individual need, the dermatologist may advise you go for the treatment in combination with other treatments or procedures.
- For skin and under-eye rejuvenation and pigmentation removal you may be advised to combine your treatment with peels, Q switch, Fractional lasers, or Microneedling RF.
- For stretch marks, the treatment will have to be combined with energy based devices therapy.
- For hair loss, you may be advised to combine this treatment with other treatments like Microneedling and Fractional Laser.
- Is DNA Repair Therapy permanent? Are follow-up or maintenance sessions required?
While you will start to see the results after the completion of the first few sessions, you will be required to go for regular maintenance sessions to ensure that the benefits continue.
The follow-up and maintenance sessions will depend on your skin type:
- For young skin, the initial session will have to be followed by one session every 3 weeks in 3 cycles. For maintenance, young skin will need a session every 3 months.
- Elderly skin will require one session every 2 weeks in 4 cycles. For maintenance, elderly skin will need a session every 2 months.
- For stretch marks, the sessions will be once a week over 4 sessions in the first month, and then repeated every 2-3 weeks in the next 2 months. The treatment will have to be combined with energy based devices therapy.
- For under eye rejuvenation, you will be required to undergo this therapy once every 2 weeks for a total of 4 sessions. To maintain the results, do schedule a maintenance session every 3 months.
- For Hair fall solution, the treatment generally includes one session once a week for the first month, followed by a session every 2-3 weeks in the next 2 months.
- Are there any side effects of the therapies?
Kaya DNA Repair Therapy is totally safe and clinical research has found that there is no evidence of:
- Local toxicity
- Systemic toxicity
- Cytotoxicity from direct contact
- Allergic sensitization
- Intracutaneous reactivity
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
50% off on Consultation *T&C apply
“She believed she could, so she did.”
Ladies, take a moment to celebrate ourselves. Did you know that Women’s participation in the labor force has increased significantly in recent years. According to the World Bank, the global labor force participation rate for women increased from 49.6% in 1990 to 55.5% in 2020 Women are also making progress in politics, with more women…READ MORE
Please rotate your device
We do not support landscape mode,
please use the website in the portrait mode for best experience.