GentleLASE Pro (Alexandrite)
Alexandrite laser is the most widely used laser technology today for hair reduction treatments. Highly favoured for its speed of coverage, ability to deliver a painless experience and effectiveness in delaying hair regrowth, it forms a central part of Kaya Ultima Laser Hair Reduction Solutions.
At the heart of the Kaya Ultima experience is the expertise of our dermatologist-therapist teams. They work closely with every customer to deliver a customized treatment crafted around the individual’s hair and skin type, using the latest technologies, systems and devices. So, although all Kaya Ultima solutions are based on three major laser platforms – Alexandrite, Diode and Nd: Yag – no two treatments are quite the same.
Now why do we have three different laser platforms? To provide the most effective and comfortable experience for every skin and hair type. Each of the different types of laser has a specific range of utility, depending on its wavelength and penetration.
For instance, the diode laser performs works well on coarse, dark hair and is a good choice for back or bikini hair. It operates at a wavelength that allows deeper penetration into the skin, avoiding the melanin in the epidermis and therefore targeting the hair follicle directly.
The Nd: Yag long pulse laser can be used safely on all skin types – type I to VI. Most notably, it is highly effective on dark or tanned skin with darker hair, but is of limited use on light or fine hair. Fast repetition rates and large coverage areas allow large areas of the body to be treated quickly. Nd: YAG technology can be used to eliminate unwanted hair on almost any part of the body.
The Alexandrite laser has a shorter wavelength than the Diode and Nd: Yag lasers, and has been used effectively for laser hair removal treatment on skin types I-IV, meaning fair and light brown skin types. The shorter wavelength makes the treatment more effective on lighter skins and not suitable for darker skins.
While the technology is offered by several device makers, at Kaya we have opted for the GentleLASE Pro from Syneron Candela for its effectiveness and its ability to deliver an unmatched laser experience in every way. It’s painless, faster, safe and effective! It delivers among the highest peak power found on any hair removal laser for unparalleled treatment efficacy. Its advanced technology and improved capabilities make it the laser of choice for precise, non-invasive treatments.
Laser hair reduction systems work by delivering a carefully timed pulse of laser energy to the skin, which is converted to heat energy at the hair follicle, destroying the follicle.
The underlying principle is known as selective photothermolysis: absorb light energy from the laser better than light spots. When the hair is darker than the surrounding skin, the follicle absorbs the light energy not the skin, and so it is the follicle that gets destroyed, keeping the skin unharmed.
Of critical importance is the expertise of the dermatologist in the selection and use of a laser technology for any individual. GentleLASE Pro laser provides a greater degree of control. The energy beam can be either pulsed or continuous, depending on the requirement. And unlike the majority of medical laser devices which can only deliver one wavelength of laser light, GentleLASE Pro laser can be tuned over a range of wavelengths.
It is suited for a wide range of skin tones from light to olive.
GentleLASE Pro laser is fast. With large spot sizes, combined with a high repetition rate of the pulsed light, it can treat large body areas, quickly. For instance, it takes less than 30 minutes to treat the entire back.
It is truly painless thanks to a special cryogen-based Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) that delivers cooling to the epidermal level of your skin in the very same instant as the laser pulse.
It keeps your skin smoother for longer, delaying hair regrowth by the longest period ever known. It does so by penetrating deeper into skin tissue and directing a controlled amount of therapeutic heat at the hair root.
You would need 3 to 6 sessions, depending on skin colour, coarseness of hair, the area of the body being treated, gender and underlying health conditions. You can rely on your dermatologist to analyse all of these factors before drawing up a treatment plan that best suits your needs.
- Avoid sunbathing/direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks before the treatment
- If recommended by the dermatologist or technician, apply anesthetic cream over the areas to be treated, at least one hour before your visit to the clinic. This ensures optimal numbing.
- We advise you to shave off the hair in the areas to be treated, before your visit to the clinic. Not only will it save you time, it will make your session a lot more comfortable.
- A few points to note:
- Shave around 2-3 hours before the session
- Wet shaving should only be done using shaving foam and a razor
- Do not use electric shaving machines/epilators/ depilators/shaving creams
- Be careful to not cut your skin
- Leave a small patch of skin unshaven. This will enable the dermatologist to identify the hair type/status.
- Avoid other hair removal methods aside from shaving and epilation creams in between sessions.
- Do not bleach, wax, thread or pluck hair throughout the course of the treatment.
- Do not apply henna to treated areas 7-10 days prior to and after the treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing/direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Apply sunscreen SPF 30 + on a regular basis 20 minutes before stepping out and repeat 2 to 3 times in the course of the day.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
All you wanted to know about iv drips for beauty
Beauty shortcuts are always welcome. From quick face masks and peels that take only 15 minutes to overnight miracle serums that promise that special glow, we all love something that will give us a beauty boost.READ MORE