Micrograft Hair Restoration is a new hair restoration procedure that is minimally invasive with no downtime. It is much simpler and superior to the plug procedures that have been used in the past—both in appearance and healing time. The emergence of Micrograft procedures has marked a turning point for dermatologists and surgeons, as well as millions of men and women, as the procedure can restore lost hair and provide a permanent, fuller, thicker head of hair with a natural-looking hairline.
This technique can be used for patients across age groups and gender. It is especially useful in combating Androgenic Alopecia. Kaya Micrograft treatment has documented results when used for Androgenic Alopecia for grades 1-3 in men and grade 1 in women.
How does Kaya Micrograft Solution for Hair Restoration work?
Kaya Micrograft Solution for Hair Restoration is done through Autologous Skin Micrograft where the patient is both the donor and the acceptor of the calibrated Micrograft. The science behind the treatment lies in harnessing the capabilities of powerful progenitor cells. The procedure leads to an enrichment of progenitor cells in the acceptor site that needs to be regenerated. These important cells enclosed within the Micrograft provide a powerful site-regulated drugstore that serve as modulatory agents for hair renewal and the repair of damaged tissues through the
- Increase of matrix production
- Increase of growth factors
- Increase of tissue neo-angiogenesis
- Modulation of inflammation
- Activation of tissue remodeling through biological pathways
What Can You Look Forward To?
The procedure is performed in two simple steps. First, under topical anesthesia with a small amount of lidocaine, the sample extraction is done. Second, the solution is injected, with a lidocaine spray used on the scalp before the injection, to reduce the discomfort
To explain further, small grafts of 3 samples of hair scalp are removed from a small shaved area in the nape where the hair is full and not prone to hair loss. The samples are subsequently processed in the Regenera machine, which disaggregates and filters it. Finally, it is injected intradermally. The size of each wound is only 2.5 mm needing no stitching. After the procedure, the wound is covered with gauze and a sterilized sticking plaster. The wounds take a few days to heal without marks or scars.
The entire procedure takes about 60 minutes. The results from the treatment are subjective on patient’s attributes, with younger patients having better outcomes. On average, the results last for 12 months and in many cases even for 18 months. The procedure should not be repeated before 12 months from the date of the first treatment. However, the treatment can be combined with other therapies like PRP, Mesotherapy, and hair transplant for greater results.
The treatment is safe, simple and no complication will occur as long as the pre- and post-treatment instructions are followed properly. Contraindications to the Micrograft Treatment include pregnancy or breast-feeding and pre-existing conditions like cancer, allergy to lidocaine, blood coagulation disorders, autoimmune diseases, etc.
- Talk to your doctor about what medications to avoid. Mostly medications like Heparin and Anti-Coagulants are to be avoided 10 days before the treatment.
- The scalp should be cleaned properly on the day of treatment.
- No dietary constraints are required.
- Oral medication can be taken the same day with topical medication after 48 hrs.
- Maintain hygiene around the wound.
- Do not scratch your scalp.
- Do not wear hats or ball caps for the first three days.
- Do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight other than brief periods of time during the first 2 weeks.
- Keep the wound closed/covered.
- Wash your head only after 48 hrs.
- Avoid swimming/sauna/heavy weight lifting/ cardio for 48 hrs.
Before & After Pictures
– By Kaya’s Expert Dermatologists
Please rotate your device
We do not support landscape mode,
please use the website in the portrait mode for best experience.