Skin is made up of three layers—the epidermis (thin outer layer), the dermis (a thicker middle layer) and the hypodermis (the inner layer).
Your epidermis is made up of dead cells which are constantly shed. It also holds a large amount of water along with keratin, a protein made within the cells of the epidermis. The dermis made up of elastin and collagen—which makes up 75% of your skin—provides your skin with strength and its basic structure. It is supported by the hypodermis which is mostly made up of fat. Together, they determine the look and feel of your skin.
With your skin being the largest external organ of your body, it is also the most exposed to environmental factors such as the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays, hard water and harsh chemicals. As we age, this causes the skin to experience ‘extrinsic aging’. Additionally, your skin also experiences ‘intrinsic aging’, caused by the natural aging process and hereditary factors.
Intrinsic and extrinsic aging can cause the epidermis to lose the capacity to retain water, making it vulnerable to dehydration. Similarly, you see the dermis losing elastin and collagen, resulting in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The hypodermis experiences loss of tissue causing your skin to sag. Other causes for your skin losing its youthful glow can include:
- Fad diets
- Collagen diseases
Living in this region also causes your skin to be exposed to low humidity year-round, with the overheating in winter and air-conditioning in summer leaving your skin dull and lustreless.
Introducing Kaya Skin Rejuvenation Solutions: Minimally invasive therapies for youthful and glowing skin
Rejuvenate the youth and vitality of your skin with a range of minimally invasive therapies. Under the guidance of our expert dermatologists, you will be advised on the best treatment or combination of treatments. Kaya Skin Rejuvenation therapies enhance the quality & texture of your skin by boosting collagen production and giving you a natural glow.
Kaya skin rejuvenation therapies are administered through micro injections and can be used to restore the suppleness of the skin on your face, neck, hands & feet and body. The therapies also work effectively in restoring the loss of collagen in specific areas such as the fine lines around your eyes or the smile lines around your mouth. Unlike surgical procedures they come with negligible risks, low downtime for recovery and involve minimal or almost no pain.
- Volite, an injectable, uses the high water-binding capacity of hyaluronic acid (HA) gel to smoothen the skin and stimulates collagen production leading to increased elasticity and reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Profhilo, which contains one of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid, integrates into the tissue and restores the levels of naturally found hyaluronic acid. It has been found to be especially effective in countering skin laxity in the face and in traditionally difficult areas to treat such as the skin on the neck, hands and arms.
- Restylane Skin Boosters treatment is best in restoring the smoothness and softness of the skin on your face, hands, neck and décolletage. Using a series of hydrating microinjections of long-lasting hyaluronic acid (stabilised HA) that absorbs water and brings deep skin hydration to the treated areas, your skin becomes visibly firmer and smoother with the elasticity renewed.
- Skin Cell Activation uses the cytokines from stem cells to activate your skin in creating a natural healing response. The topical application is effective in reversing the visible signs of aging such as sagging, redness, spots, and chronic inflammation.
- Mesotherapy a minimally invasive technique that involves injecting microscopic quantities of pharmaceuticals, vitamins and minerals into the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin to help it repair itself. Your skin is rejuvenated through the restoring of hydration, promoting of collagen and elastin production, and boosting of microcirculation.
- Micro-needling through Derma Pen or Derma Rollers helps rejuvenate your skin by restoring collagen precisely at the site of the damage with the use of micro needles that pierce the skin vertically, in rapid succession, about 1000 times per second. Micro needling is especially successful for dealing with acne scars and other light scarring, and for rejuvenating skin affected by sun damage.
Kaya Skin Rejuvenation treatments have been found to be very effective, with users experiencing visible results within a few days. Depending on the kind of treatment, multiple sessions may be required for optimal and lasting results—that can last from months to years. Opting early for skin rejuvenation further gives you the benefit of not having to opt for drastic surgical measures at a later stage.
With Kaya Skin Rejuvenation leaving you with smoother, firmer and younger-looking skin, you can continue to be your usual confident self.
50% off on Consultation *T&C apply
Everything you need to know about skin and hair, presented through a series of quick and easy reads. Science made simple.read more
Meet Our Dermatologists
Meet Our Dermatologists
The region’s biggest team of dermatologists. Highly qualified. Trusted by millions of customers.read more
About Kayaread more
You could call them the skinfluencers. The region’s opinion leaders on skin care, beauty and everything to do with being your best. Let’s see what they have to say…read more
Please rotate your device
We do not support landscape mode,
please use the website in the portrait mode for best experience.