Youthful lips are full, firm and fresh in colour. As collagen production winds down with age, lips tend to lose volume and turn thinner, while lines begin to appear, showing up as ridges which only get more visible as lipstick settles in. Lip colour begins to fade too.
The Pyruvic Peel forms a central part of our Kaya Lipcraft lip enhancement approach. Based on pyruvic acid, a natural ingredient which is sourced from honey and apples, this gentle yet effective peel increases the thickness of the epidermis and dermis, stimulates the production of collagen and helps with elasticity in the dermal layer of the skin so that the skin begins to look younger and smoother.
Colour. Contour. Texture. These are the three essential aspects that define your lips. As part of an overall treatment strategy, the Pyruvic Peel contributes by way of specific improvements on all three counts.
Colour: Lip colour restoration is all about peeling back the cumulative effect of time and lifestyle to reveal the vibrant original tones that lie beneath. The Pyruvic Peel exfoliates, replenishes and deep-hydrates, while also depigmenting. It also lays the groundwork for the Carboxy or Q-switched lasers that follow as part of Kaya Lipcraft treatment.
Contour: With its ability to stimulate collagen and elastin production, the Pyruvic Peel plays a vital role in helping the lips fill out in a sustainable way.
Texture: With its wrinkle reduction and skin resurfacing action, the Pyruvic Peel is used to smoothen out the lips and bring back youthful lusciousness.
The intensity of this peel increases based on the number of layers applied. This quality gives the dermatologist a great degree of control and allows for the finesse with which lip enhancement treatment must be carried out.
You will notice an immediate improvement in appearance. Textural lines smoothen out, lips begin to look fuller, firmer and better contoured with collagen being generated within. Improved colour adds to the distinctly more youthful look. As with any peel there may be a slight sense of discomfort immediately after the treatment, which will soon wear off. Flaking or peeling will be minimal if any.
- Avoid seeking Pyruvic Peel treatment if you have warts, active cold sores, sunburn, or excessively sensitive skin. Likewise, if you have dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea. The procedure could trigger a flare-up.
- A history or rashes or allergies would indicate that you may be sensitive to the treatment.
- Avoid Pyruvic Peel treatment if you have taken Accutane any time up to 12 months before your intended
- Avoid all chemical peels, Pyruvic included, if you are pregnant or are nursing.
- 2-3 days before the treatment, stop taking any product containing Retinol, AHA, BHA or Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Your lips are recovering from a treatment. Treat them with care while speaking or emoting, especially for the first couple of days.
- Wait at least 48 hours before resuming the regular use of Retin-A or other vitamin A products
- Avoid strenuous exercise until at least the next day or until all the redness has subsided
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week and use sunblock with SPF 50 or greater
- Avoid scrubbing your face. Use a mild facial wash and pat gently dry
- Avoid other facial treatments for at least 1 week after your peel
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Six Reasons Why Your Workout may be Causing You Skin Issues
Have you ever wondered why your skin breaks out after enduring a rigorous gym-session, instead of glowing like it’s supposed to? That is because sweat and skin don’t go well together. Though exercise helps your body remove toxins by pushing impurities out of pores, it can also lead to chafing, rashes and clogging of pores. Here are some of the common reasons that can affect your skin before, during and after a workout. Towel: Gym towels are…READ MORE