The surface of the skin has multiple battles to fight and is left bearing the marks. However, resurfacing the upper layers can clear them away.
At Kaya, the CO2 RE Fractional CO2 Resurfacing System is the laser technology of choice to remove damaged skin and reveal a fresh layer of healthy skin.
What makes CO2 RE Fractional laser exceptional is that it can simultaneously deliver benefits to the all layers of skin, from superficial to deep, making it a complete facial rejuvenation treatment. Its remarkable resurfacing capabilities make it a central part of:
– Acne Scar Repair, where as part of a larger solution, the laser treatment penetrates the skin and remodels the scarred areas
– Age Control solutions, where it rejuvenates skin by skimming away age-damaged epidermal layers and reactivating collagen production to help fresh new skin emerge.
This technique, using fractional carbon dioxide laser, actually removes damaged skin, layer by layer, with precision, until softer, smoother and fresher skin below the surface shines through. Also called lasabrasion, laser peel and laser vaporisation, this therapy is used for removing acne scars and pits, blemishes and signs of ageing skin.
The underlying technology consists of lasers using carbon dioxide gas, as the name suggests. Pulsating beams of light are directed at problem areas of the skin. When very short bursts of light energy are focused on the area of concern, the water in the tissues of the epidermis absorbs the energy and heats up. This causes a thin layer of the epidermis to vaporise, exposing fresh skin.
The beams also heat the deeper layer of skin, the dermis, encouraging the production of collagen and healthy new skin cells. As a result, skin emerges fresher and younger.
Fractional CO2 laser, which is the technology we use, is a distinct advancement that makes CO2 laser treatment easier on the skin. The CO2RE (by Syneron Candela) Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Fractional Laser Resurfacing removes specific sections of skin, leaving adjacent areas intact to aid in healing. It delivers a complete matrix of controlled ablative pulses with exceptional speed and precision. It also rapidly varies the laser energy for multi-level treatment capabilities. CO2RELight provides superficial fractional treatments in the epidermis, stimulating regeneration of the uppermost layer. CO2RE Mid penetrates more deeply for a stronger ablative effect, stimulating regeneration at the dermal-epidermal junction, and CO2RE Deep goes even deeper to reach the dermis. CO2RE Fusion optimises treatment in the epidermis and dermis simultaneously.
At Kaya, this treatment is performed strictly by a dermatologist so that it can be controlled according to the way an individual’s skin responds during the process.
The resurfacing process reveals fresh, youthful skin by removing the layers of damaged skin above and stimulating collagen production below.
Acne scars will be a rapidly fading memory. Your skin will be smoother, brighter and more radiant. Collagen production is also rejuvenated as a result of this procedure, improving skin tone and reversing fine lines and wrinkles to a significant extent.
The anti-ageing effect is remarkable too, as the treatment achieves noticeable reduction in the signs of ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and age-spots (also called sun freckles, liver spots, and lentigines).
With proper aftercare and sun protection, skin will continue to improve for a period of 4-6 months following the procedure. Although heat damage to the skin as a result of this procedure is minimal, it takes a while to heal and recovery could take up to two weeks.
- Do inform your dermatologist if you have a history of developing cold sores, facial sores, or any other type of infection. Likewise, if you have tattoos or permanent makeup.
- Avoid sun exposure and use daily sunblock 20 to 30 minutes before you step out.
- Stop Retin-A 10 days before and skin lightening products (Hydroquinone) 3 days before.
- Avoid waxing for 1 week before and 4-8 weeks after treatment.
- Depending on the area and the extent of treatment, it will take 7-14 days for the skin to heal.This downtime will include significant redness and crusting (possibly minor bleeding and oozing depending on treatment depth), dryness, peeling and flaking.
- Do make it a point to keep skin moist after treatment by applying a medicated moisturiser as needed.
- You would need to limit your social and work activities during this time. However you could start working from home after the first day or two.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Better skin for men in just 15 minutes
Are you tired of seeing those oily smudges on your phone screen after a call? Or having patchy dry skin? Or a combination of both, where you see oiliness in certain parts of your face, especially your T-zone? Men have around 20% thicker skin than women. With thicker skin comes larger pores due to more active sebaceous glands. This translates to more oily skin along with a higher chance of getting impurities. Also, harsh weather conditions…READ MORE