Ageing affects skin texture, colour and tone. Skin loses collagen which provides the essential layer of padding between the skin and the structure below. This loss of collagen causes the skin to thin out, lose elasticity and sag. Ageing also dries out the skin since hyaluronic acid, which helps the skin retain moisture, gets depleted.
However, if your body can be recruited to rejuvenate its cells, the results can be dramatic and sustainable. That’s what Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy is essentially about.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a rejuvenation therapy which uses the innate healing and regenerative powers of your own blood. Your blood platelets, rich in growth factors, are injected into targeted areas of your skin or scalp to stimulate and accelerate cell regeneration. PRP Therapy can be used to regenerate tissue on any part of the body.
This capability makes PRP an effective tool for our dermatologists to:
- Tackle wrinkles, folds and depressions on the face, neck and hands. The therapy improves skin texture, color and tone;
- Stimulate healthy hair growth by carrying out the procedure on the scalp
- Support the resurfacing of acne-damaged skin by encouraging the spontaneous regeneration of fresh, flawless skin
Both collagen (support) and hyaluronic acid (volume) need to be replenished in order to reverse the visible signs of ageing. This requires cellular rejuvenation, and dermatologists depend on Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy to do so.
Platelets in the blood contain growth factors that promote healing and regeneration of cells. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is blood plasma that contains around five times the concentration of platelets found in normal blood. It is made by drawing a bit of your blood, centrifuging it to concentrate the platelets in the plasma, and then isolating this platelet-rich plasma from the red blood cells and the white blood cells. This concentrate is then injected into the targeted area.
The regenerative properties of platelets get down to work, to improve skin texture, tone and elasticity by replenishing collagen and hyaluronic acid, reactivating tissue generation and developing new blood vessels.
When PRP therapy is used for hair rejuvenation, the platelets are injected in the area where hair follicles are damaged. This improves the blood supply in the region, providing nutrition to hair follicles and thereby inducing hair growth.
In many ways Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) taps into a fountain of youth and the best part is that there’s nothing extraneous. It’s all you!
As the therapy uses your own blood for rejuvenation, it poses almost no risk of infection or allergy. Swelling usually resolves in two to three hours.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) rejuvenates your skin deep down, making it thicker and helping to erase wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead. It reduces folds around the mouth and neck, lifting features to look more youthful. It also refines skin texture to look more bright and luminous.
It works wonders on the hair, making it appear thicker and more conditioned. A series of at least 3 sessions, 3 to 4 weeks apart, is required to see optimum results. You would want to follow that with maintenance sessions for long term benefits to take firm root.
- As recovery is immediate, you can resume all your regular daily activities right after the treatment. However, there may be redness and slight bruising in the injection area, which will subside within a few hours.
- Apply a cold compress or ice pack to the injection area if there is any swelling.
- The injection area may be washed gently a few hours after treatment, but do be gentle and avoid vigorous scrubbing.
- Makeup may be applied shortly after treatment, very gently and with clean hands and applicators.
- For the longest-lasting results, avoid sun exposure, and use a sunscreen of SPF 50 or higher.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Please fill in the form below so we can contact you.
Successfully Completed Treatments
Micrograft Solution for Hair Restoration
Micrograft Hair Restoration is a new hair restoration procedure that is minimally invasive with no downtime. It is much simpler and superior to the plug procedures that have been used in the past—both in appearance and healing time. The emergence of Micrograft procedures has marked a turning point for dermatologists and surgeons, as well as millions of men and women, as the procedure can restore lost hair and provide a permanent, fuller, thicker head of hair…READ MORE