Did you know that plastic surgery is one of the oldest skin healing treatments?
The use of plastic surgery can be traced back to 800 B.C., where Indian physicians used skin grafting techniques for reconstructive surgery. Later, these techniques were introduced to the West, where they underwent refinement and adaptation to different applications.
Many of us think, (thanks to the movies we grew up watching) that plastic surgery is something that gives a person an entirely new face that does not resemble their former self. In reality, the truth is far from this unrealistic assumption.
The Growth in Demand for Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery is no longer just about enhancing one’s physical appearance. It also helps people become more comfortable and content with themselves, which leads to overall increased levels of happiness and satisfaction.
According to a recent survey by Tajmeeli, there has been a growing interest in plastic surgery in the Middle East over the years. People not only want to look good but also feel good and confident in their appearance, and hence are comfortable undergoing plastic surgery.
A lot of factors have contributed to the increasing popularity of plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures, one of which is social media trends. Plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery have been significantly promoted on social media by many popular influencers.
For instance, popular Arab celebrities like Huda Kattan, who has 32 million Instagram followers, and Joelle Mardinian, who has 9.5 million, have normalized plastic surgery, making it more desirable.
Today, the taboos that persisted around plastic surgery earlier no longer exist. The wealth effect is another factor that has led to the increased demand and popularity of plastic and cosmetic surgery. The requests for plastic surgery in Saudi Arabia are three times more than in any other Arab country. The increase in income has made it more affordable and the rise in the number of centers available has made it more accessible.
Popular Plastic Surgery Treatments
Plastic surgery treatments such as rhinoplasty, liposuction, stomach sleeve surgery, tummy tucks, and dental implants have been gaining popularity over the last few years and make up the list of the most requested procedures.
Kaya Skin Clinics offers a wide range of plastic surgery options including the gold standard and popular surgeries. Our team of experienced surgeons has extensive expertise honed by local and international experience. Together, they have completed over 20,000 surgeries, following strict safety protocols.
Kaya offers a wide range of plastic surgery options, such as:
- Liposuction: A surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body. The common areas include hips, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms, neck, chin, back, flanks (love handles), chest, and breast.
- Tummy Tuck: A plastic surgery procedure that removes excess skin and fat gathered at the front of the stomach. It helps build a firmer mid-riff post-weight loss and can be used for post-pregnancy rejuvenation.
- Breast Enhancement and Augmentation: These surgeries help in achieving desired breast transformations. Enhancement can be achieved through Augmentation (silicone implants/ fat transfer), Breast Lift, Reduction, or even Reconstruction. Breast reduction or Gynaecomastia is a surgical option for male clients who are looking to reduce excess fat glands or sagging skin on their chest and get a firmer and defined look.
- Hair Transplant: Involves a combination of surgical expertise with advanced technology to address hair loss concerns. The techniques can be used to restore hair on the scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes, and even the beard. Our skilled surgeons use the best techniques like FUE and Robotic Hair Transplant to ensure safety and deliver the best results.
- Rhinoplasty: Also known as a nose job, can be done for both aesthetic and medical reasons such as correcting breakages, restructuring nose tips, curing breathing difficulties because of the structure of the nose, and improving overall appearance.
- Blepharoplasty: Involves the surgical removal of excess fat or skin from the upper and lower eyelids. It helps in treating sagging and drooping skin, wrinkles, and fine lines.
We also offer a range of other aesthetic surgical solutions such as surgical lesion removal, mole and cyst removal, earlobe stitching or earlobe reconstruction, cleft lip correction, brow lift, forehead lift, and maxillofacial surgery.
The best part of plastic surgeries is that they do not have any gender restrictions. For example, hair transplant procedures, male chest reduction procedures, and beard transplants make their way to the top of the in-demand list.
Benefits of Plastic Surgery
There is a preconceived notion that plastic surgery has only physical and aesthetic benefits, but the reality is that it also has a ton of emotional benefits, such as:
1. Increased Self-Confidence
It is a known fact that physical appearance directly translates into an individual’s self-esteem and self-confidence. If an individual feels uncomfortable with their appearance, plastic surgery can help in fixing the issue which in turn makes the person feel comfortable in their skin and increases self-worth.
2. Improved Physical Health
In many cases, plastic surgery can be used to fix medical issues. For example, rhinoplasty can be used to cure breathing problems. Breast reduction surgeries can help in relieving physical discomfort on the neck, shoulders, and back.
3. Improved Mental Health
Issues with one’s physical appearance can take a toll on a person’s mental health and can develop issues of social anxiety. Plastic surgery can fix physical issues, which can help in reducing stress and issues related to social anxiety. A boost in self-confidence and self-esteem has a direct effect on improving overall mental health.
Plastic Surgery as a Choice
Kaya offers a combination of skilled experts, high-level safety protocols, and years of experience to help you achieve your desired body and look with minimum physical and mental stress.
There can be certain aspects of the body or the fact that we may be unhappy with and willing to change. Plastic surgery can help you overcome these hurdles to get a glowing and fit physique and achieve your aesthetic goals while fixing potential medical issues.
Over the years, with the help of advanced and safer techniques, experienced surgeons, faster recovery, and natural-looking results, plastic surgery has become a household name in the UAE.
People are now willing to take beauty into their own hands. Moreover, it is no longer just about physical appearance or trends anymore. People want to look good to feel good, comfortable, and confident in their skin and body, even if it involves making a few changes. The best part, you ask? They are absolutely unapologetic about it!